The health and safety of our employees and everyone associated with our business is paramount to all processes at Rubb Group. Our aim is to raise health and safety standards and reduce risks and accidents. We want to protect our colleagues, people in our supply chain and our customers and have implemented ongoing safety programmes, including regular health and safety risk assessments and external health and safety audits.
At Rubb we are focussed on:
Building Safety Standards: The initiative will focus on meeting, maintaining and improving H&S standards at Rubb’s plant in Gateshead and on site. Rubb has Safe Contractor status and has also achieved CHAS accreditation.
Building Safety Commitment: Managers will take the lead on the commitment to Building Safety and encourage staff to prioritise activities to support this Building Safety Knowledge and Skills: It will look at labour practices and facilitate additional training and development for all staff
Building Safety Systems: Enhance current systems to ensure they facilitate the concept
Building on Safety Experience: Analyse past experiences to improve on successes and provide new solutions
Building Safety Engagement: Engagement with all stakeholders
Building Safety Track Record: Tracking and monitoring experiences through regular updates, meetings, focus groups and education sessions
The continuing company objective of Rubb Group is to ensure that the Health, Safety and Welfare of its employees, visitors and others (members of the public, contractors) who may be affected by our activities. We endeavour to ensure:
- The provision and maintenance of plant, equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health
- Arrangements for ensuring safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of our employees, contractors and visitors
- Ensuring the place of work is safe and without risks to health and the provision and maintenance of safe access to and egress from it
- The provision and maintenance of a working environment for our employees that is safe, without risks to health, and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work
In order to maintain continual improvement, Rubb Group will regularly monitor and review this policy to ensure its effectiveness and undertake the following actions:
- Maintain a Health and Safety System that reflects the requirements of current applicable legislation
- Ensure sufficient resources are available to meet the objectives of the Health and Safety System, as well as current applicable legislation
- Establish effective arrangements to draw the policy to the attention of our employees
- Communicate this policy so it is understood and implemented by all employees
- Ensure all employees are aware of their individual health and safety obligations and seek the support and co-operation of employees with respect to health and safety
- Establish effective arrangements for employer/employee consultation
- Maintain company systems for the ongoing identification of hazards, the assessment of risks, and the implementation of necessary control measures
- Maintain records as objective evidence to show compliance with health and safety requirements
- Undertake an annual review of the policy to ensure that it meets applicable legislation and is appropriate to the activities undertaken by the company
Rubb Group has achieved Safe Contractor accreditation for fabrication and structural steel erection.
Rubb Group is also accredited within the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) having demonstrated compliance with and sound management of current health and safety legislation.
We are members of the British Safety Council which provides information and support and reinforces our commitment to improving our health and safety through a safety first approach.